Community Connections, Age UK Lewisham & Southwark is running some Pop Up Techy Tea Parties this year as part of Go On Lewisham. Last week we had a brilliant party at Seniors with lots of attendees and techy support from the police commander, officers and some Lewisham councillors!
Check out our Community Connections video to get a better understanding of the work we do.
Thanks to everyone who helped us create this video, with their photos, information and time, and thanks to all those who bravely agreed to star in the film!
Our Connectors provide vital support to vulnerable people by link them to local social activities and support services. We match you based on your availability and location and provide you with an appointment time. Your role will be to:
- Support the person to achieve their goals which might mean attending a new club with them for the first time to build confidence
- Provide client updates to Community Facilitators regularly
- Work with the support of the office team to identify suitable services and spend time talking through these with the client
- Complete basic templates and paperwork to record the work you have carried out
- Attending community events to raise the profile of Community Connections (optional)
Skills and Qualifications needed
Enthusiasm and a commitment to supporting vulnerable adults are essential. We will provide you with the training that you need though knowledge of the borough of Lewisham would be a bonus. You will need to have excellent English language skills and listening skills, additional language skills will be most welcome.
We will provide you with person centred planning training in addition to our volunteer induction and provide a forum events to meet with other volunteers and the Volunteer Coordinator to share learning.
If you would like to volunteer with us then contact us on: 0208 314 3244
The Parkinson’s society meet on the fourth Monday of every month at:
Lewisham United Reformed Church
18 Courthill Road
They do tai chi, quizzes, socials and much more!
They also meet for exercise classes each week:
Please see below details of the Lewisham Parkinson Society’s exercise class:
For people with MS or
12.30 to 2pm
Downham Leisure Centre
7 – 9 Moorside Road